There are plenty of things to see and do at the Strongsville Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library, 18700 Westwood Drive.
Be advised that All Cuyahoga County Public Library branches will be closed Sept. 1-3 for the Labor Day holiday. Normal hours resume 9 a.m. Sept. 4.
for more information on the events listed below, cal 440-238-5530 or visit cuyahogalibrary.org.
• Baby and Me Storytime — birth to 18 months with parent or caregiver. Mondays, 7 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.
• Toddler Storytime — 18 to 35 months with parent or caregiver. Mondays, 10 a.m.; Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• Preschool Storytime — 3 to 5 years old not yet in Kindergarten with parent or caregiver. Mondays and Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m.; Wednesdays, 10 a.m.
• School Age Fun — Grade K-2. Mondays, 4:30 p.m.
• Family Storytime — All ages with parent or caregiver. Wednesdays, 7 p.m.
• Strongsville Saves Coupon Club, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24. Join us for our coupon swap club and share your passion for saving with other like-minded shoppers. Bring your scissors, and your stockpile of manufacturer coupons to share.
• Tighten Up: Home Efficiency and Your Wallet, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4. Learn how to keep your energy costs from going through the roof and keep your home more comfortable year round.
• Young at Heart Book Club, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4. A book club for adults who love children’s and teen books. “Revolver” by Marcus Sedgwick.
• Learn to Speak English, 6-8:45 p.m. Sept. 11. Offered by Polaris Career Center.
• Exploration Station: Money Math, 10:30-11:15 a.m. Friday, Sept. 14. Age 3-5 with a caregiver. Join us for stories and activities about saving and spending money. Children will be able to explore and learn through play at hands-on activity stations. Registration required.
• Join us for a special planning meeting for Just 4 U Student Friends, 1-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15. We will discuss future meetings and enjoy pizza and pop while we plan. New members welcome. Registration is required.
• All are welcome to a special book launch for local author Shelley Pearsall’s newest book, “Jump into the Sky” 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 18. Registration required.
• Balance Therapy: Good Morning, Strongsville Speaker Series, 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19. Feeling off balance or having vertigo? Don’t let your fear of falling keep you at home. Join us for this informative talk and meet a balance therapist from Southwest General Health Center to find out if the newest program in balance training and treatment of vertigo will help you.
• Wednesday Evening Book Discussion, 7 p.m. Sept. 19. Our next discussion will be on “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot. New members welcome.
• Watershed Wonders, 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20. Take a journey through your local watershed with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. Through hands-on activities we will discuss how stormwater helps support your local environment.
• Imaginative Illustrations, 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept 22. Jim Gill, as teaching artist, leads the students through some basic drawing techniques, such as creating a character using simple geometric shapes. Students will also learn to depict basic emotions through facial expressions. Registration begins Sept. 4. Grades K-5.
• Monday Afternoon Book Discussion, 2:30 p.m. Sept. 24. “Parrot and Olivier in America” by Peter Carey. New members welcome.
• 40 Tips for Job Seekers, 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26. Learn how to be successful at finding the job you want.
• Practice SAT Exam, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29. Take a practice SAT and be ready for the real thing. Bring a No. 2 sharpened pencil and calculator to the practice exam. Exam will start promptly at 10 a.m. Sponsored by the Princeton Review. Registration required. Grades 6-12.