Some of you may already realize how cool Patch is. This hyper-local news website is the best online spot to find out what is happening in your town, and in towns near you. If you click on the “Change Towns” option at the top of your screen, you’ll have access to other Patch websites. In addition to great news, each website has its own events calendar.
This week, as every week, we’re highlighting interesting ways for you to spend your days. Starting tonight, you can head to the theater for a show and on Saturday and Sunday there are two outings that are benefits for semi-local organizations.
All of the events listed are courtesy of the Gloucester Township, West Deptford, Haddonfield and Collingswood Patch events calendars.
The Drowsy Chaperone (Haddonfield Patch)
- Where/When: Haddonfield Plays Players, 957 S. Atlantic Ave., Haddonfield, tonight at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
- What’s Going On: The Drowsy Chaperone is the story of a man in a bit of a sad slump. He decides to play an album from his favorite musical to cheer up and magic happens. Watch as his album comes to life before his eyes and he meets an entertaining cast of characters.
- Pricing: $20
Godspell (Gloucester Township Patch)
- Where/When: Dennis Flyer Theatre, Camden County College, 200 College Dr., Blackwood, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Presented by the Mainstage Center for the Arts, Godspell is a musical that has been successful on and off Broadway. Written by John-Michael Tebelak, the story gives audiences a modern portrayal of Jesus’ teachings, based on the Gospel of Matthew. Using lively choreography and songs, the cast reenacts many Biblical parables.
- Pricing: Adults, $16-$21; students and seniors, $13
Craft Fair (Gloucester Township Patch)
- Where/When: Parkview Elementary School, 123 Parkview Rd., Stratford, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What’s Going On: The Stratford school district’s Parent Teacher Organization will host a vendor and craft fair. This fundraiser will feature more than 50 vendors and crafters. A Chinese auction will also take place. Come out and support this organization.
- Pricing: Admission is free
Postmortem, Murder Mystery (West Deptford Patch)
- Where/When: United Methodist Church of Mantua, 201 Mantua Blvd., Mantua, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Come out and see the Spotliters perform Postmortem, a murder mystery with a comedic edge. This play was written by Ken Ludwig and it follows four men and four women to a medieval castle for a weekend getaway. Hijinks occur when William Gillette, the main character, thinks someone is trying to kill him. Watch as he attempts to solve this mystery.
- Pricing: Advance Tickets—General admission, $16; seniors (60+) and children (12 and under), $14; At the door – General admission, $17; seniors (60+) and children (12 and under), $15
Roll For Hope (Collingswood Patch)
- Where/When: Pinsetter Bar Bowl, 7111 Maple Ave., Pennsauken, Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- What’s Going On: End your weekend with an afternoon of bowling. This event is a benefit for Hopeworks ‘N Camden, an organization committed to helping young people make their dreams come true and reduce high school drop-out rates. Included in the cost of admission is a buffet, bowling and shoe rental. Also expect door prizes, raffles and a silent auction.
- Pricing: $30